Thursday, February 25, 2010

Having Trouble Saying Goodbye

As always, once I find myself liking something enough to feel attached, I also find myself unable to let it go.

Tomorrow is my last shift at the Pacific Coliseum as part of Team 2010. It's been one heck of an indescribable, insane, inCREDible journey. Much more than I could ever have imagined and asked for when I first signed up for this 2.5 years ago. It's well worth the wait, well worth the anxiety for its arrival, well worth all the sleepless nights and days, etcetc.

10 shifts (because I was down and out for a weekend with my insane cold).
One smurf outfit, 12 new pins, a Quatchi doll, a Birks keychain, and a silver medallion later, I will be receiving my final shift gift, saying goodbye to the building I lived at for almost half a month, people I've checked in at 4 am, a team of fantastic co-volunteers, and 2 veryvery wonderful supervisors.



As Charlie Brown says...Where's the good in goodbye?


Thank you, Team 2010. For memories to last more than a lifetime, and the drive to sign up for London 2012.
Yes. I just did it. My friend looked at me as if I was nuts.



Oh God. Panic attack. What will I do on the weekends now?!
What will I do when I"m not actually meeting 400 people a day from every part of the world imaginable?! OhMyGod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cloudy with a chance of Sunshine. - Free Blogger Templates - Home