Sunday, March 21, 2010

From Movies to a not-so-much farewell

Quick movie review first because I've watched quite a few recently.

i - Ponyo. Another masterpiece by Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. He never fails to bring back the wonders of magic and childhood. My Neighbour Totoro has been a life long favourite of mine, ditto with Kiki, Valley of the Wind, Naussica, Princess Mononoke. Ponyo will be added to that list. It's about a little fish who becomes a little girl after falling in love with a little boy. It's like Little Mermaid but ten thousand times cuter. The animation is beyond wonderful. This masterpiece is all Miyazaki. Disney had no chance.

ii - Curious George 2. HAHAHAHA. oh man. I loved Curious George 1, so of course I had to watch this one. I have to say I liked the first one more. But George is cute as ever, and the movie served the purpose of an hour of mindless laughter.

iii - Remember Me. Absolutely phenominal. I say this as Rob Pattinson's devoted (and probably insane) fan, as well as Pierce Brosnan's fan. I loved every character in this movie. It's about 2 troubled teens in NYC who find each other and fall in love. Both struggle with family issues on the side. The ending was a giant twist...and it broke my heart. I left the theatre wanting to be slammed into the wall by a hottie, and sobbing at the same time. Definately see this one if you are a fan of indie films as this one was made with an indie flair. I love what this movie has done for Rob himself. Just watch the interviews he does with this one with Emilie de Ravin vs the ones he'd do for Twilight, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

iv - Up in the Air. I actually saw this a while ago. Also a very indie vibe sort of film to me. I really liked it, aside from the opening. The opening made me motion sick. Weird to say that for a movie that's totally not action. George Clooney is brilliant in it, as is Anna Kendrick. I look forward to move greatness from her. It deserved every nomination it got for the Oscars; go see it.

v - Valentine's Day. Watched this one....Feb 12. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know it stars well...pretty much everyone in Hollywood. the Roberts (Julia and Emma), Bradley Cooper, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica x 2 (Alba + Biel), Taylor x2 (Lautner and Swift), Dr McDreamy+Steamy, Jennifer Garner, George Lopez...etcetc. It's sort of like He's Just Not That Into You in that it had so many stories that are seperate, and yet they all intertwined somehow. This one definately had an ending that had me and my friend squealing in the theatre. Watch it for your next girl's night.

Also watched
Management (don't bother)
Love Happens (surprising good rental)
The Invention of Lying (zzzz....)
The Proposal (go rent it. now. Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, Betty White. lovely!)
but don't feel like writing about all of them now.

-x-

Interesting read of the day:
Popular Baby Names of 2010 [x]
>funny how Twilight is mentioned even in that haha

--x--

Last night, we got together with my team of Class 2010 Smurfs for a wonderful dinner at the Boathouse. Too bad Adam was unable to make it, as it was originally a partial farewell for him before he left for home.

I finally hung up my smurf suit today and put it in my closet. I have to admit, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cloudy with a chance of Sunshine. - Free Blogger Templates - Home