Monday, March 1, 2010

What will YOU remember most...

I'm suffering from immense post-Olympic withdrawal. I am in denial that I have no more 4am shifts at the Coliseum. I am in denial that I cannot throw on my smurf suit and just go, not having to worry about what I might look like today because everyone will look the same - blue and smiley. I am feeling so empty because I cannot greet 400 people and be thanked in return because I simply smiled.

I cannot believe I had such a chance.

The last host video...What will you remember most out of these winter games?




Everything. Everyone. New friends, old friends...I will remember running from work to volunteer for the world championships in January 2009. I will remember crying when I got my acceptance email from Vanoc. I will remember running home with my new smurf outfit and throwing everything on because it really really meant I was part of it. I will remember being scared because I didn't know anyone else doing this, and the journey to finding this wonderful new family. I will remember my peers. I will remember seeing for the first time the new Olympic worthy Pacific Coliseum - what a far cry from the old Canuck days! I will remember falling out of my chair when my schedule changed a zillion times, and feeling so bad I had to keep asking to change it back. I will remember how happy I was to see Brittney again. I will remember seeing Adam for the first time and thinking "What the heck is Sedin doing at PAC?"

I will remember how I found a new piece of myself through watching all the talented, dedicated volunteers and staff at the venue. At every venue.

I will remember not to settle for anything less all. Because I'm giving my all. I will not settle for a boy. I know I deserve more. Because I saw my respect reflected back at me. From the best of the best.

Bravo, Vanoc. You certainly knew how to choose them well.

I will remember watching and cheering and screaming, and crying....for Alex, for Maelle...for Patrick Chan....for Tessa and Scott. For Joannie. For the men's gold medal game. For 2 weeks every 4 years I stop hating Iginla lol.

one little boy said that this is a once in a lifetime thing and that he cannot believe he got to be a part of it. Funny. I thought the same thing. Except he's probably 8 years old max. I'm sure it won't be once in a lifetime thing, for either of us.

We just have to follow the flame, wherever it burns.

I'll remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cloudy with a chance of Sunshine. - Free Blogger Templates - Home